How to Complete the FAFSA
Follow these simple steps to apply for financial aid at Eastern Kentucky University.
- Become an EKU degree-seeking student. (Apply now!)
- Enroll at least half-time at EKU. (6 semester hours for undergraduate or 4.5 hours for undergraduate)
- Be a citizen of the United States of America or an eligible non-citizen.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Be sure to include EKU’s school code – 001963.
FAFSA’s website will guide you through the process of applying for aid. You must have a Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID and Password to complete the FAFSA. Remember, you and your parent must sign in with your FSA ID and password. Information is available at https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm.
- Meet EKU's (SAP).
- Check your status on EKUDirect.
Please note: You may still complete your FAFSA even if you have NOT filed taxes. After filing, sign into your FAFSA and UPDATE your tax information by using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.