Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Process
The Satisfactory Academic Appeal process is completed online. Please have the following ready to submit:
1. A letter from the student explaining the circumstances which prevented satisfactory academic progress in the past and how/why those circumstances affected the student. Please explain how the circumstances have been resolved so that you can make progress in the future. Include the steps/resources you plan to take to improve your academic record.
2. Supporting Documentation - you will need to attach documentation to support/verify the circumstances cited in your letter. For example:
- illness and/or injury can be documented with hospital or insurance records
- a death can be documented with an obituary or funeral card
- divorce can be documented with a signed letter from a lawyer or a copy of the divorce decree, etc.
- If you are having trouble documenting what took place, you can submit a letter of support from a third party. Letters must be signed and must contain contact information (the phone number, email address, etc.) of the person who wrote and signed the letter. Documentation cannot be from family members, significant others, roommates, etc.
3. If appealing due to the maximum time frame (150%), the student must have an advisor sign a letter stating remaining degree requirements and expected graduation date. Advisor should give letter to student to upload with appeal.
4. Once you have gathered the required documents listed above, you can click here to SUBMIT YOUR APPEAL.
*appeals with incorrect documentation will be returned